Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Back from Vacation

So I enjoyed Williamsburg last week. I didn't do much, but I enjoyed that :). Luna also enjoyed it, now I would have tqaken pictures, but I had gremlins in my camera and they are seriously strange because they left when I returned to Dallas. Go figure.
Luna and I went to the Dog park nearly every day and shy really seemed to enjoy frolicking with the other dogs. The DP in Dallas is more than 30 minutes away so I try to take her there at least once a month, but not eery day. We're going this Friday since I heard of a good resturant here in Dallas that allows the dogs on the patio and is open for lunch.

Sewed a shirt today, it was Vogue 2859 from the Vintage Vogue collection.

I love the front collar and the back wrap parts of the pattern. Here's my version which for future incarnation will necesitate about 4 inches added to the bottom, I knew it would be short, but this is mondo

And this is the back...

Closer look at the collar and the ruin it was for me :( I'm going to get it right next time.

Well, I decided that to make the shirt more wearable, I needed to get rid of the collar as it just isn't working and tada, the result.

I do like this shirt in an 80s aerobics/ballet sort of way. I think it looks great with a pair a black, high waisted workout pants. Due to its length, I seem to be worrying a lot about keeping my waistlline covered today at work and I'm much rather have another obsession.

No comments: