Thursday, November 22, 2007

Our Thanksgiving...

It's been a wonderful day and its days like this that remind me why I love my family so much. This is a picture of all of us today.

This one is just us siblings.


Today has been the first time we haveall been together in a long time, this is including random family members. There was Ann and her hubbie Tyson and their baby. There was Mary and her new husband Marc. There was Charlie and Phyllis and the two kids Sabina and Charlie IV. And there was me, my parents, and Kathrine and Susan. No one was in a bad mood, everyone contributed to cleaning and fixing up the house. We laughed non-stop. We played with the kids and talked constantly. There was something to eat to fit everyone's dietary requirements. I shared my love of sewing with Ann and Mary and discovered that Phyllis also sews, although only for the kids. I also found out that my Mom used to be pretty creative with her sewing. She actually used 3 sewing patterns to sew her wedding dress. I've never thought much about her sewing abilities because she never talks about them. Even though I talk about sewing A LOT, she never really contributes or offers advice.


Bro cooked everything and did a great job. He used Alton Brown's recipe for turkey and it was great. Wonderfully moist and flavorful. The only thing he didn't get right was Grandma's cheesy corn. It just wasn't creamy and spicy enough. And he used red bell peppers that looked good, but added a sweetness the dish didn't what will the corn.


Yes I ate a lot, but less then I could have. I'm full, but not stuffed today. We also have many leftovers this year, but I'm sure we'll finish them :) The weather also got seriously cold today and that's why we have the coats today even though we were all wearing tshirts on Tuesday. LOL.


Luna was well behaved and the kids liked playing with her at first, but I guess got bored with her, so we just put her in my room.


We went over to grandma's after the Cowboys game was over "Go Cowboys (G)". Then I got to have some a g'ma's corn and it was good. We also saw my g'pa, aunt Vivian, and two of her sons. They'd had dinner at their house earlier, but there just isn't space at their house for all of us and my aunt an all of her kids and their family and my other aunts and uncles and their families. If everyone came at the same time, there would have been 50 people in a relatively small area. It's not so bad when the weather is good and we can expand outside, but today the nip in he air would have made spending time outsde rather less fun. So by the time we got there, only my cousin John, his wife Adeena and their two kids and my other cousin Charlie(yes another one) and his wife Susan (yes another of those too). We visited for a few hours, just talking. We don't do that enough.


In more distressing news, my cousin John had to take his 2 year old little girl to the hospital for a bug bite that's got infected. The little boy also has a bite and they took him is as well, although his is better. Leatrice's has a black line running through it. This used to never happen, but the past month or so, Michael's had 4 bites and this is Lea's first one. I reckon they're going to have to do something about that. Dad and Brother Vanuelos went to the hospital to give the kids a blessing and hopefully they'll get better quickly and not get any more bug bites.

Yes, it was wonderful for all of us to get together and eat and I reckon we were a bit loud. Yes, we talk loudly and laugh loudly and did just about everything loudly. We were going to do the Karaoke Revolution.


It's been a good day, aside from the bug bites.





Here's me and Sidney.

This pic is just about the cutest one I saw. It's Charlie's Son Charlie and Ann's and Sidney.

No comments: