Thursday, November 29, 2007

All about MMU (That Mineral Makeup for the Non-Obsessers)

I love Everyday Minerals, totally HG for me. There are some problems with mineral makeup. For example, something it it can make your skin look really light in pics with a flash (that happens to me a lot). My skin is pretty combo and it usually disappears by lunch, but I just dust a little more powder on with the mmu and kabuki I keep here at work and I usually look fine. another bad thing, I never thought my skin looked particularly old until mmu highlighted some of my lines under my eyes. Errrg. All in all, I think its still worth the effort and undereye lines because this stuff looks pretty great on the skin and does not irritate my skin either.

One of the good things about mmu is its ease of application (once you learn how), and how it can really hide some imperfections. It doesn't make my pores look smaller, neither does it make them look bigger. They are there no matter what makeup I use :( But I suppose I'm used to them now.

http://www.everydayminerals.com/ If you order something, enter the code BmmEnc until December 10 to save 10%

You know, without mmu, I'd never have thought to mix foundations to get better colors. Now, even when I get tired of mmu and wear liquid (like last week) I tend to mix them up. For example, yesterday I mixed the Cover Girl mousse-y makeup with the CG Smoothers tinted moisturizer. Creamy Natural can look really orange on me, so mixing in a lot of the tinted moisturizer makes it match my skin tone much better. And I still get a fair amount of coverage.

Today, I went mmu again after a week away and I did miss it. I got a pretty good color match by mixing EDM Fairly Light Neutral, Sunkissed Fair, and Multitasking together. They were in various finishes including Intensive, semi matte, and original glo. I like it and will proabably wear it tomorrow again, just like this. I also used the waffle cone blush over it and then blended a it more.

btw, I love the ED fan brush, it is awesome for applying mmu blush and not going overboard. I also love their flat top brush for applying foundation. Totally awesome.

On the downside, I've been using CG lash blash for about 3 weeks now, and its already flaking. :( On the bright side, the flakes are big and thus easier to remove then the smaller flakes that just set into your skin). I'm thinking on finishing up my Full and Soft that I bought while in Williamsburg when I couldn't find any CG Lash Blast. I still bought the lash blast the second I saw some at Walmart, but still.
In more makeup news, I still cannot find the matte Milani lipsticks and am somewhat bummed. I just never think to go out of my way to check out a CVS since I know Walgreens doesn't sell it.
Also, although ED is HG for me, I still ordered the new ELF mmu.

I got the starter kit #2. I'm a little worried about the lack of color selection, but I'll give it a whirl.

Also, these little tins are so cute.


I got the cherry and candy flavored ones and I know its Christmas, so I'll probably go pick some up if they're available at the Fiesta on Buckner which is the closest store that sells ELF in my area. No the closest Target is sadly ELF deprived. A sad state of affairs at the time of year.

In other news, my parents need to give my 16 year old sister a camera for Christmas, seriously. I'm getting really tired of mine disapearing into her room and ending up with 20 pictures of her posing, but she never does anything with these pics and just leaves them on my camera. Bummer, this won't happen anymore if they would just buy her a camera. Please?

No comments: