Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Next Sewing Project

So I finished that other dress Sunday night and last night whilst pondering Heroes(totally awesome btw) I decided to go ahead and try to finish one more dress to wear on Thanksgiving. This means I need to finish it today. Now I do have many other things I could be doing. For example, tidying up my room, cleaning the front room, cleaning the kitchen, filling the dish washer, finishing the hems on any number of dresses, sorting through my closet for summer stuff that can leave to make room for cooler weather garments, .....

This is not my pattern, but it is similar and I can't remember the number off the top of my head, so I can't search for it either.

I'm doing it with short sleeves and I'm not sure, but I may do white piping along the collar and front, or not I think it'll look classier without.

So yes, I probably don't need to try to finish another dress when I get home from work, but I will. Hopefully it won't take to long to complete. I'm making a shirtdress from an unprinted 50s Simplicity pattern. I'm not doing the zipper, and I'm sticking a circle skirt on it from one of the retro Buttericks.



I'm making it from some royal blue challis that's been waiting in my stash since last Spring. It was going to be Simplicity 3780,
but that ended up being made from a black, flowered hawaiian-esque print. This left my 6 yards of challis with no purpose :( This pattern doesn't need 6 yards, so I reckon the rest would make a glorious skirt or shirt, maybe not a shirt given challis' propensity for wrinkling. Wish my luck as I procrastinate on real work :).
BTW: My soda free thing is going pretty well. I picked up a grilled chicken saesar salad and McD and did NOT get a diet coke, instead I realized my thirst and had water. :pats back lightly: I'm a try to keep this up, but it is hard to train your brain not to expect soda at meals when you've drunk sodas with meals all your life.

No comments: