Thursday, November 8, 2007

Starting Nanowrimo just a TAD bit late...

So I've been meaning to start my Nanowrimo novel for the year and have yet to start. I decided what the story would be about last month, but have kept procrastinating on starting it. Well, its 8 days in alwready so I'm mondo behind and still ahve plenty of other thuings to do, but I was inspired today and have finished planning it out (yet I'm a planner versus and fly by the seat of the pants writer) and now I like my characters and see how they relate and am actually anxious to get home and get started. This is what I will be doing instead of homework tonight. G


So what is my story you may ask and I will answer. While usually go for weird post-apocolyptic stories, this year its more in the tradition of the hero journey in fantasy. It's hopfully going to be a little but kooky, a little funny, and a lot interesting.

My M.C. is named Raina and she is content to be an apprentice to a great magician rather than striking out on her own and her fairy godmother keeps sending traditional fairy tale cliches her way to help her begin her own story and Raina stubbornly refuses to be baited and stays where she is, sending others in her place. So this is how it starts and there's a lot more to it.

My MEC(Main Evil Character) is an evil sorcerous who locks people into nightmares from which there is no rescue if they annoy her or if she feels like practicing it. I stole this idea from Heroes last week, although the character with that ability on the show ended up easily defeated for now. My MEC will be made of sterner stuff.

I'll keep ya'll updated on it, whether you want to be updated or not. :)

1 comment:

Susan at Stony River said...

Oh, I love twisted fairy tales and quirky fantasy novels...looking forward to updates!

I'm a fellow Wrimo, working on a historical (mythological perhaps) romance that's in fact a send-up of the romance genre: more Princess Bride than Danielle Steel.

For once I don't care if it 'works', it's just so much fun to write. Yours sounds fun too-- good luck!