Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Procrastination and Trip Planning and Luna's Trip to the Vet

So I took Luna in to the vet this morning for him to look at this weird knot/bump on her shoulder and get her microchipped in honor of the upcoming trip. Well, the bump is a button tumor and the vet says it should go away on its own in 4-6 weeks and he gave me a cream to put on it twice a day. I should have asked him if I should still use the anti-flea goo you run down dogs' backs, but I didn't think of it. Luna is due for that and heartworm right now, I love being a woman, otherwise I'd probably forget. Make of that what you will.

So I've been thinking more about the trip and am wondering if I should just drive through, this way I can see the farmer's market in Williamsburg and I don't have to worry about finding a pet-friendly hotel or stopping along the way. It's 20 hours and I can knock that out, maybe with a catnap or two in the middle of the night at some truck stop. After all I have Luna for a watch dog, right? Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. I'll leave Dallas at 9 am and drive through til after midnight and then pull off at a truck stop and nap in the back seat with my dog, or maybe I'll look for a rest stop. Anyway, rest a couple of hours, then off again and drive to Williamsburg with the intent to be there by 9 am. So that means 4 hours of sleep/food/breaks.


New ISSUE, my car didn't want to start in front of Panchos today, I waited a second and it did start, but before it made a clicking noise, I wonder if the connection to the battery may be corroded or need to be tightened so I'll look at it tomorrow morning. Hopefully its something easy and not major. Does anyone else notice that the more often you take your car into the shop, the more often it needs to go to the shop? Like I've taken my car to the shop 3 times in the past month and hadn't taken it in at all for 6 months before that. So far everything's been maintenence related, like brake pads, worn tires, and fraying belts. I'm just hopign it likes the drive to Williamsburg because I'd have to rent a car otherwise and don't think I haven't thought of that. If I could get a total everything included rental car for 2 weeks for under $250 I would take it if only for the peice of mind, fun of driving something new, and anything else I like. Of course, the benefit of my current car is that its older, a little beat up, and a nice calming color. All this is good if you're on a trip, and then I wouldn't have to worry about Luna going crazy in the back seat, not that she would. She's never got car sick or lost her potty training, so I've not worried, but she's also never been in a car for 20+ hours. Also I can save that money and stay in a real hotel on the way back when I'm not interested in getting anywhere quickly to see the farmer's market. Considerations, no?

So what to do... Right now I'm thinking of.....

Bicyling from Williamsburg to Jamestown

Walking around Colonial Williamsburg

Walking around the old part of town

Seeing Virginia Beach

Spending a day in D.C. and leaving Luna with a doggie day care

Nanowrimo within reason

I'm going to try to avoid eating out a lot and make the times I do eat out to be special. I do have a full kitchen in the condo and then I won't have to worry about Luna. I can take the opportunity to practice some recipes, try some smell ones out, and just do whatever.

I'll update when more stuff occures to me.

Oh and for a schedule
Saturday

Williamsburg Farmer's Market

Check in

Sleep

Have a special dinner or show

Sunday

See Colonial Williamsburg

Singles Ward in Virginia Beach?

Monday

See Jamestown

Tuesday

Washington D.C.


Wednesday

Virginia Beach

Something Holloweeny in the evening

Thursday

Stay in to cook, do some spa stuff, detox, do homework, start Nanowrimo. Maybe I will go out and get something spa-ish done.

Friday

???? Something with Luna

Saturday

Walk around Williamsburg again

check out

start drive home, stay at hotel on the drive home.

Sunday

complete drive home

So Luna's to get a walk every day and I'm thinking of trying to make it to the dog park every day. This whole everyday thing excludes Tuesday as she's gonna spend it at doggie day care.