Saturday, October 6, 2007

Happy Birthday to me.....

So yesterday was my birthday and I got soem cards, some calls, and my nephew got to win the diaper derby. He is the cutest little baby boy, like ever. We drove down to Winnie, TX and had some fun at the Texas Rice Festival, which happens to be this weekend, the same weekend as Seagofest. My sister is really jonesed about Seagofest, if she had to miss it, she would not have wanted to go to Winnie. Thankfully, she just missed the Friday festivities. The parade happened right a we were leaving town onWednesday, but she would have missed out on it anyway. We saw some young girls, couldn't have been more than 16, walking up the service road yesterday at midnight (when we were arriving back home).

I wonder what brilliant parents allowed their young teenage girls to walk home from Seagofest at midnight. Contrary to popular belief, Seagoville is not the country, its a suburb of Dallas and has a crime rate similar to Dallas. It's not safe for those girls to have been walking home, who knew how far, from Seagofest. Maybe the parents were at a bar and couldn't be bothered to leave that early to take their daughters home. shakes head. It's not any of my business, butt it's like when I saw a sweet little lab mix on the side of the freeway in Houston. I just knew that dog would be hit by a car and I felt responsible, but I also knew that the dog would probably not come to me, and the place was at a blind curve, so no one coming around would see me stopped and I did not want to be hit, even for a dog with sweet eyes. Ooh, Guilt, I hope the dog found his way away from the highway and to his home. I just imagined Luna getting lost and ending up in the median of a highway and think how scared she would be and how sad I would be if she got run over.

Okay, in other news. I told my sister my philosophy on idiot drivers, that they're all suffering from an incurable illness and so we should not mind that we got cut off because that person probably has ebola and will die a horrible death. She laughed, not knowing I was serious. :shrugs: It does make it easier to be behind someone going 45 in a 70 to imagine them dying in horribly painful ways. I'm thinking blood and massive pus filled blisters.

Still not done with the projject for SLIS 5200, but I'll finish by Monday morning, I have to. The next one is due the same week as my vacation, bummer that so I'll try to finish it the week before. I've also got a midterm for 5080 that week and the prof says its okay for me to take it a week early. I guess I get to enjoy my week rather then doing a lot of homework.

I bought some new fabric for a dress for Mary's wedding. Previosly I'd picked up a washed out pale, greeny gray fabric with a little texture, but I picked up a blue velvet yesterday sine it was half off clearance fabric at Jo Anns this weekend. I also picked up some denim to make a skirt and some dark blue, almost denim type fabric for whatever. I really need to focus on home work, then I can sew this weekend. This weekend is also General Conference, so I will probably listen to it while sewing stuff when I get a chance this weekend.

Date today, wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your dress for the wedding in blue velvet - be sure to post a picture when you're done!