Sunday, September 30, 2007

Procrastinating on homework

So I'm procrastinating right now. I have to finish the bulk of my assingment for SLIS 5200 tomorrow and I didn't really start until today. I'd worked out what I wanted to say, but hadn't said it yet. I've also got some due dates for SLIS5080 for this week and both assignment for that class are group, so I have to start discussing some articles before Tuesday, I think, so long as I have something to say, I may be able to put it off til later and its not like the group has to come to a consensus or anything or produce a report or posting, this is just us talking amongst ourselves, I think.

Went to hike with my Little today rather then church. I was prepared to go to church after dropping her off since church starts at 11:30, but it took a lot longer to get everything together, get out there, and well everything then I'd expected. I reckoned we'd hike for an hour, I would take her home, and that would be it. Instead, I picked her up and she still had to get ready, then she had no breakfast, it was 9 am, and so we stopped at McDonalds, where she wanted to play. I played hide and go seek with the kids, yes this includes crawling through the tubes and stuff. It was a lot of fun. I miss playing like that. The only thought you have is not getting caught and feeling like you're on the edge of your seat, waiting to be caught. :) Lots of fun and we played for almost an hour. None of the other adults played, but the sign says adults are allowed to play too, so I did.




Then we went to the DISD Nature Center and hiked for an hour. The kids really liked it, despite the bugs. I think they had more fun at McD, but still liked the nature. Other then the bugs, we saw some cool plants and the pond/lake. D said she's like to go fishing there with her Gpa. We actually saw a boy and his Dad, or whatever, going to the l/p with fishing stuff, so obviously this ideas occured to others too.
The D was again hungry, so we went up to McD again and had lunch and played on the equipment for another hour. This time I tripped over my feat while running to base and fell on my knees, ooh they are bruised now, just goes to show that I'm not as young as I used to be, a thought I will revisit on Friday ;)
So while I thought I would drop D and her friend off at 11:00, we ended up finishing at 2:30. Wow, it was a lot of fun, and my thighs are telling me I should play like a kid more often whilst my stomach tells me not to eat like a kid. Yes, I finished off D's fries, sad that. Oh and I had a caramel sunday that was SO good. mhhhhhmmmm, good.

Btw, did my roots again, I guess I'm going to stay red for a little longer. I am considering a haircut though...




Can't wait, Heroes is tomorrow, more awesomeness.

No comments: