Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Biking and Luna and Dog Training


Well, my allergies were much less pronounced today. It’s like my head was encased in foam and the foam was eaten by some giant space anteater last night. Hmmm, I’m happy I wasn’t awake for that. J I’m still sniffly and the post-nasal drip still drips down the back of my throat and my ears still itch (which is odd since its usually my eyes that itch). I actually felt well enough to bike up to Minyards (about 2 miles with some hills) and pick up some more allergy meds and nasal decongestants. On my way home I had to grin. A motorcyclist rode by me and actually waved and smiled at me. Oh, the camaraderie of the open road. Well, my calves hurt during the ride, but I felt reasonably good, if overheated. I do wish I’d eaten first because there were a couple times I felt I could have eaten a house.

Which leads me to my next point. Dude, I’ve been hungry lately. I just keep eating. Like today, I ate steak and broccoli at about noon, then at 4 had a chili cheese dog from Sonic and lots of peanuts and a couple of cheese sticks. Now it’s 5:45 and I’m hungry again. What’s with this? Is it because of the exercise? Luna got out with the bike today and she ran beside the bike for quite awhile, having fun and gamboling away with her BF from next door. About half-way through, she got distracted. Since I didn’t intend to bring her or her BF with me anyway, I just allowed her to be distracted and went along my merry way to Minyards. When I returned, her BF and her and found their ways to their respective home with no harm done. I just hope they didn’t annoy anyone. I guess they treat the whole street like it’s their one big yard. Almost funny.

I’ve been working more with Luna lately on training. I think she’s finally figured out what stay is, now I just need to keep it going and get her to come when called. It almost works, but she’s still such a puppy and just wants to have fun.

Tomorrow’s bike ride is going to go through some of the back roads of Seagoville and Luna is not invited. Wish me luck (with not eating the cows I’ll see along the way).

No comments: