Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Flat Tire

I got a flat tire on my way home. Yes, I’d just left Eastfield, so it was THAT part of Mesquite. I was all prepared to do it all myself when I realized that my spare tire was undrivable. The rubber was literally cracked and showing a LOT of metal. First I was approached by an older black man. He offered to put the spare on for a few dollars. I wasn’t carrying any cash and he offered to do it anyway, but I didn’t really want to drive on that tire. Then some gentlemen from the service station across the way came over and kept me company until Dad got there. So this was my disaster of the evening. I used some sort of tire fill-up in a can and when to a nearby Chevron to continue filling the tire up. I’m heading to the store tomorrow to replace both the back tires since if one goes out, chances are the other one will go out to. I’m also going to have to remember to replace that spare. Maybe I’m a suspicious person, but I wonder if someone from Walmart stole my spare and gave me one in much worse shape since my spare was showing no tred when I used it last May and I’ve not used it since. Of course I’ve left my car alone several times since then, so who knows if someone stole it, or maybe it was seriously damaged the last time I used it. Although I drove it less then 5 miles and less then an hour.

I also found out my blog is accessible on Google, I guess it just makes sense with the whole Google Blogger thing. I search for Seagoville bikes and my blog entry of today was in the first 10 results. Cool. This reminds me of Jake Sisko from DS9. When told he didn’t have any readers, he was hopeful and replied that when people did read his stories, they would be interested. Could this be my philosophy?

No comments: