Monday, December 10, 2007

My coursework is done, but I've still got classes...

Well all my Master's coursework is now complete. :jumps up and down, then dances badly: I still need to get my practicum waiver and capstone application to the UNT SLIS office in the next couple of days, but my MLIS is pretty much complete. So what may be the classes I refer to? Well, working at a college means I have access to lots of fun classes and I now have to desice which ones I really want to take. All the DCCCD fashion and design classes are at El Centro and that is just too much effort to go to to be worth the effort, so I'll stick to Eastfield courses.



My potential courses are:


  • Ballet I
  • Painting I
  • Beginning Spanish Conversation
  • Jogging I
  • Guitar Class I

This would be my schedule if I took them all:



Monday
Go in at 10 for Guitar class
Jogging/Triathlon 11-12:30
Work 1-10

Tuesday
Institute 12:30
Work 1-10
Ballet/Pilates 5:30-7

Wednesday
Go in at 10 for Guitar class
Jogging/Triathlon 11-12:30
Work 1-10

Thursday
Take Susan to work at 8 am
Work 1-10
Ballet/Pilates 5:30-7

Friday
Take Susan to work at 8
Painting class 9-3

Saturday
Work 9-2
Spanish conversation 2-5




The Ballet/Pilates class is halfway on my lunch, so I can use 1.5 hours of my lunch and 1.5 hours of wellness.


This means I'll get at least 6 hours of physical activity each week and I'll get to try to play the guitar I've owned since I was 14 and learn to paint(something I've always wanted to learn.) This does mean I will have less time for other things, but I suppose it's worth it. Oh and the Spanish is because my sister was practicing at Church (we're in a biligual ward) and I treid to respond and could barely remember how to respond. Errgg, I've got to get back to speaking it or something. Now, I do know some Spanish, so I wonder if beginning Spanish conversation may be a little too easy for me and I may become frustrated with it, but I'll be auditing it for free, so if it's too easy, I may end up just dropping it, or leaving early or something.


So with all these classes, how much will it cost in money? Well, the Ballet and Jogging classes are free through the wellness program. The Spanish class is free because I'll be auditing it as workforce development. I'll only have to pay for the Painting and Guitar classes for a total of 4 credit hours. Now, I might worry about the extra time it will take, but it's personal interest and physical fitness classes, so I'll not worry too much. Of course, these are all doable only on a space available basis and pending confirmation of my sister's schedule. If a class doesn't make or fills completely, or my sister tells me her schedule is going to change, one or more of these classes may not happen. I also need confirmation from my boss that the one during my lunch/for wellness can happen.

No comments: