Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Aargh, I Hate Math...

So my research methods and analysis course is not fun. No, not fun at all. I answered some of the inferential statistics questions using online calculators, and I wonder if they did the job right. Ooh. I'm frustrated enough right now to just submit it and give up and making the numbers make sense.
For example, there are 4 tests they tell use to use including: Chi Test for Fit, Independent Chi Square Test, Independent T Test, and Independent T Test for Pearson's r. This last one is the hardest because I can find no references to it elsewhere. This makes me wonder if they just made it up to mess with our heads.

Hmmmmm. So what do I have left this semester:

  • Final for Research Methods
  • Some little questions from the last 3 Modules for Research Methods
  • This stats assignment
  • Oh, and I never did the midterm exam either(I did have permission for that one)
  • Thankfully there's nothing for my Information organization course. Although I am a bit worried. Our project for the semester was creating and explaining a database and toward that end, we wrote a long document in 4 stages with each stage building on the previous one. As this is distance ed, I was supposed to send the prof some envelopes that he could send my drafts to me in so I could incorporate his suggested changes to the next draft and when I sent them to him, they never arrived (love USPS). I ended up going up to Denton and dropping the last one off, but didn't get the edited draft until yesterday and the final paper was due on Monday. Oh bother, there are plenty of changes on the draft and I was marked down on it for not incorporating the changes from the previous draft(yes one I never got) and I'm a little worried on how much the final draft will be marked down because I didn't incorporate the changes. I did ask if I could makes the proposed changes and resend it today, but they've already printed them for the prof, so no dice.
So that's my current existence, how others are having a happier time of it.

No comments: