Friday, December 14, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I would post this to the pattern reiews site, but it's giving me issues. Bummer. So I'll post it later and you all will get a look at it.

Pattern Description:
Misses dress with midriff band and two upper bodice options.

Pattern Sizing:
I made a 14 on top and 16 on bottom.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, this is one of my favorite patterns, I've used it three times.

Here's the back view.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another version.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here's another one. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love the wiggle dress feel of the pencil skirted version. I stuck a circle skirt on the flowered version and the green one was made with Simplicity 3673.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Well, I didn't really follow them, so I've no idea how well they are written. I did try to use them for the pencil skirt and could not understand what they were describing for the back skirt slit. I ended up chanelling my need to wiggle by not sewing the slit.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The faux wrap upper bodice peice is one of my favorite looks and is really flattering. I think the lining darts and bodice pleats really enhance the bust area. I'm notparticularly fond of the pleats on the skirt of the pencil skirt, I really do not think they are a good idea for people with hips more then 32 inches across.

I also love the back of the pattern, although I can't find that peice right now :(

Fabric Used:
Wal Mart cotton $1 and you can tell. It's slightly see through and the first time I wore it, the back of the skirt was torn at the flap (can't think of te proper name for it right now) On the other hand, I love the pattern and just make sure to wear it with a slip.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
For the pencil skirt version, the only change I made was converting the pleats into darts. It wasn't completely successful, but I'm happy with the look. The others were changed more extensively.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I've sewn it three times, I think its' going to become a maxi dress nex time.

Conclusion
This is seriously one of my favorite patterns and I hope to find still more ways to wear it. Oh, and its seriously easy.

Some more random pictures...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this dress. Don't you love it when you find a pattern that you can make 15 diffenent ways with 10 different type of fabric and it's easy to run up and looks fab on? Me too :) This looks like one of those patterns

Anabolina said...

Yes, its toally awesome, but I'm trying to get away from dresses right now, it was cold and rainy today and that inspires me more toward pants and jackets. Thanks Kathleen.

Anonymous said...

Hi, not sure where exactally to post this comment but here goes. I saw you from sew retro and you reviewed one of the patterns that I was looking at. Love these dresses.

Imagine my suprise when reading through your blog I realised you were mormon too. I know this is cheesy but it's rare that I see another. Thanks for keeping the spirit alive!

Cheers from the UK - Ariane

Anabolina said...

Thanks Ari. I love to sew too, lol. I'll look for your blog. I'm happy you like my dresses too. :) You're right, it is rare to see another LDS person online unless you are looking only at the lds oriented things. I suppose there may be more of us on these sites who simply don't say so. :) Hmmm.