Saturday, December 15, 2007

Getting the Little Stuff Done

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



I love sewing, but hate hemming. I mean, its boring and not particularly satisfying and I wish there was some way to avoid it. I tried that iron on hem tape, but it comes off after awhile. On the other hand it gave my the cleanest edge of any of my hems, so I maybe should use it more often before hemming. So today, I hemmed. It was fun enough, but I am sort of tired of hemming now. I think I hemmed six dresses. I alsosewed buttons onto 1 dress and decided to just remake another that just isn't looking right. Oh, and last night I sewed a jacket, skirt, and pair of pants, hemming included from a modern Simplicity pattern. It ended up looking pretty good, but I haven't put the button on the front. The jacket has a lot of shape any way, so I'll try to consider what I want to do and can get away with :)

I exercised this morning. I did 15 minutes of Turbo Jam and 10 minutes from the Quickfix Cardio Kick, then 20 minutes from the lower body portion on 20/20 The New Method Pilates. Then I sewed and then took a nap this afternoon when the home teacher called and will be visiting after church tomorrow.

Oh, and bro cooked something lowcarb for me, sort of a pizza pie. It did have filo dough, but it was just at the bottom and I just didn't eat it.

This was my Saturday and its not even over yet. Maybe its time to start a new project? I'd intended to go through my unfinished project area (usually there's a good reason a project is unfinished), but I've no motivation to do that right now. What I actually need to do is shred my junk mail, take out the trash, sort through my clothes, organize my sewin area, buy a filing cabinet for my patterns, create a duct tape dress form, and find my mp3 player that has mysteriously disappeared, hmmm.

No comments: