Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Got outbid last night






I got outbid last night on some patterns. It was a serious bummer, and the person must have used some program because the final bid came in right before the lot expired, thus I could not outbid them. And I know they aren’t going to use the patterns. They just bought the lot to separate them and resale them on eBay. The bidder has over 3,000 feedbacks, yeah they sell rather then buy. Ooh, I am just so irked and whenever I see risingfeenix, I will never buy their stuff. Here’s the lot I lost. I suppose I only wanted a couple of the patterns anyway, the rest is junk.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110159240962&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=001

Patterns on my current at the store to-buy list

Mccalls 5466
http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M5466.htm?tab=whats_new&page=1


I would love to make this the pencil skirted version out of a heavier material. I have some teal that would really highlight the upside of the pattern. Now, I’m all about blue and white right now, so I might make it from some blue challis with white bias tape around the neckline and sleeves. I am looking forward to playing with the sleeves.






Mccalls 5477
http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M5477.htm?tab=whats_new&page=2


I love so many things about this jacket, the sleeves are so weird, but I like them. I also love the shape and how flattering it must be. I wonder how it would look made up with turquoise and some orange piping at the seams. It wouldn’t go with much else, but it would look good in the process.

I would show ya’ll more of the Mccalls, but the site’s acting wonky.
I sewed a wrap top yesterday. I was inspired by http://sewretro.blogspot.com/2007/08/tie-one-on.html . I love her shirt. Actually all I did was sew the bodice part of a wrap pattern and it ended up a couple inches short for shirt purposes. The pattern was printed in the 40s and doesn’t have a color, so that part of the wrap shirt wouldn’t work It goes great as a wrap over a dress, but with moderate rise pants, I have an inch of skin showing. It’s good that I made the shirt from the remnants of a soft cotton striped material. I used the rest of the fabric for a maxi dress that I’ve worn while sewing, so it has some holes in it from slipping scissors. Oh well, the fabric only cost $1 a yard and I bought 5 so for $5 I reused 2 patterns a got a wrap shirt and maxi dress.

No comments: