Sunday, August 26, 2007

A sort of busy weekend...

Well, I had a busy weekend. First there was the Mesquite Championship Rodeo on Friday night. It's strange, I went to school around the corner from the rodeo and never went there until Friday. It was very nice, if a little loud. I'll admit I was moe interested in talking to everyone else who was there rather then waatching the rodeo. Oh well, que sera.



Oh Saturday, I gave a library orientation lecture to a stadium full of mostly 18 year olds. Wow, they were actually well behaved for the first 10 minutes, but then I started losing them. My presentation was only 15 minutes long and they seemed to have some problems keeping still for that long, I hope they get better at it.



I ate Doritos today, not exactly low carb, but surely very tasty, lol. I'll try to be better this week. I get my school year schedule back tomorrow and its great. I dealy love not having to be at work until 10 and having Fridays off, of course, I have to work on Saturdays to get Friday off, but it all balances somehow, right?



School also starts for me tomorrow. I will admit to not looking forward to it. I will no longer have time to spend on sewing or other lazy hobbies. Man, that bites and on that note, here's a few things I completed this week.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


From this pattern I made this shirt and the skirt comes from Simplicity 4047. I didn't do the skirt because I wanted to make a pencil skirt to go with it. I actually bought the shirt underneath from Walmart just to go with this ensemble.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also made a wrap shirt that isn't quite ready yet to be photographed, uually I don't care, but its even more unready then anything else. So onto the forties dress I sewed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

...and my version with some obvious changes since I'm seriously lazy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I worked on this one awhile back, but kept procrastinating on the buttons, I finally hunkered down and finished them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

---and my version again.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I suppsoe this is enough to post for now.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love your vintage re-creations - they're so elegant and flattering. Keep up the good work!!