Monday, August 27, 2007

Contemplations on a Toad

We got a lot of rain here in Dallas earlier this summer. It was nice while it lasted, but I, for one, was definitely ready to see the sun again. Well we have seen the sun a lot lately, but those little frogs that came out with the rain have not gone back home as expected. I still see them hopping about at night all around the neighborhood. I guess that means we water our lawn A LOT. So last Thursday I was throwing Luna’s ball to her and she was returning it and we were having a grand old time. When that dog of mine decided to chomp down on a passing frog as opposed to the ball. And she just chewed on it and wouldn’t let it loose. She gave me a look that plainly said, if you wait it, come and claim it. Yes, my dog has sat with me to see LOTR. Lol.

Anyway, I didn’t think much of it at the time. I just went inside shaking my head at her ickiness. Luna was fine, she didn’t barf, or wheeze, choke, and foam at the mouth. Now I’ve looked up the whole dogs eating frogs thing online and it seems to happen often and sometimes have a tragic result. If I’d known last week what I know now, I’d have called the vet after she ate it to ask about it.

I suppose dogs exist to make us laugh at ourselves, or at least for the warm, fuzzy feeling many generate. Luna is the sweetest dog and she can seriously be a hoot. I suppose that dog deserves a trip to the dog park (it’s 30 minutes away) this week.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's a pic of Luna as a puppy. Wasn't she just the cutest dog ever?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment: