Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Vintage Sewing Contest

Yay, so I’m still inspired for this whole travel thing. I’ve been thinking of making European Spring Travel my theme in the vintage sewing contest at Pattern Review. It really is hard to pick what to sew. Each piece is considered separately. Hmm, hompefully this contest will force me to actually finish a project. I do hate to hem, that’s always what’s left over, but I’ll still where the dress to work, just unhemmed. I’m surprised that so few people notice unless there are threads hanging down.

Another goal is to use up my stash and do no more fabric shopping or pattern sopping until I have. This is, considering I’m still really wanting that Simplicity Jumper pattern, kind of unfortunate. I sold a book on half.com yesterday and sent if off today. Maybe I should post more of my random books that are just sitting in a box in the garage since I don’t have space for them on my bookshelves. If I take an RTW, I don’t want to stick my parents with everything, so it is probably a good idea to sell everything on ebay and half.com. I wonder what I should do about my computer. It’s great and I’d really miss it, but you can’t really take an expensive laptop backpacking through Europe, but it’ll be only a little over a year old when I leave. I’ll miss that old friend. And what about my car. I paid $2100 for it and I’ve put more than 20,000 miles on it. I’d probably be happy to get $1500 back. It’s been a good car to me. Anyway, I suppose that’s just more money for me. I can’t leave until after March anyway since that’s the final test that will determine whether I’m worthy of becoming a full-fledged librarian. Also, I should save money as long as possible. If I leave at the beginning of April, but have everything sold by the middle of March, then I’ll be prepared for the end. Goodness, it does make a body feel much trepidation, huh.

Well, I had some tacos for lunch, they were good, if not on my diet. If I’d waited I could have eaten at the art exhibit reception and not worried about the cost and eaten more low carb. Oh well, I’ll just remember that the taco supreme tasted really good.

So here are a couple potential patterns for the contest.

Vogue 2902
















Vogue 2903















Butterick 4919



















Butterick 4792





















Simplicity 3780






















Simplicity 4270























I have lots more true vintage to choose from at home that have come from that great haven of vintage sewing patterns, eBay. These are just some of the repro patterns I have too. I’d really like 4270 as a nightgown. And I love Vogue 2903, but it looks mondo difficult. But I guess we can stretch ourselves, right?

No comments: