Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Foundation Hunt

Yes, I'm on a foundation hunt. That is, a hunt for the best makeup for my skin color, skin texture, and lifestyle.

What's Out:
most any foundation from L'oreal. I've yet to find one that looks good on me
Maybelline Age Rewind cream, I use this as a concealer, but it looks too mask-like as a foundation.

What in:
Everyday Minerals in Multitasking

What's Left to try/On the fence):
Revlon ColorStay (I bought the wrong color and should probably see if I can exchange it.)
Revlon Colorstay Active (this is the one I'm trying today, my skin actually looked a bit pinker then I like before I left this morning, but I'll check it again when I get home.)
Milani tinted moisturizer. (It seems to be a good color match, but balls up like the rubber on a pencil eraser after you erase something from a peice of paper so I wonder about it)
CG Tinted Moisturizer (Lightest is too light, #2 is too dark, but I like the coverage and consistency).
Maybelline liquid Mineral makeup (I bought this in the wrong color and returned it to Walmart, but it seemed really smooth for the few minutes I wore it.)
CG Trublend (I haven't used it for years, but remember it fondly. It's one of the few foundations I've ever bought 2 of, the other of Max Factor Pan Stick, CG Aquasmooth, and EDM)

Now for my other makeup to bring with me. I'm needing to buy L'oreal Featherlash and Revlon Brow Fantasy in dark blonde. Both are awesome little products that should so come with me to Korea. Seriously.

Also, I've been really thirsty lately, which is great because I know I'm perpetually dehydrated because I don't drink much water because I'm not thirsty, so yay for being thirsty.

1 comment:

DJ said...

Go to my website at https://marykay.com/debrollins and look at the the Mineral Powder foundation. It really works well! Mary Kay just introduced it and sales are 450% more than what they expected - that tells me it is a great product! Reports are that people of all ages are happy with it. My sister, daughter and I use it and love it. If you decide to order, order the brush too so you can apply it correctly. Hit the "contact me" button if you have questions. Also, take a look at the Tips and Trends sections for some videos. (You don't need to sign in or register and the site won't contact me unless you ask) Good luck and have fun.