Thursday, February 7, 2008

More Future Plans?

Well, as a planner, I like to think about things. I may be unusual for a planner in that I don't really care if I follow that plan. I just think planning is fun. Sometimes my favorite part of sewing is finding the pattern and fabric and cutting them out. This is long before the actual sewing starts.

Okay so after my Year In Korea (shall I abbreviate, YIK?) I get back to the US and start looking for a job. Sings to self.

I'd like to make a list of the places I'll be looking for library jobs in. These are all places I've been to or always wanted to see.

  • San Antonio
  • El Paso
  • Albuquerque
  • Salt Lake City
  • Casper, WY
  • Cody, WY
  • Oklahoma City
  • Dallas
  • Pocohantas
  • Athens, TX
  • Lufkin, TX
  • Midland, TX
  • Jasper, TX
  • White Plains, NM
  • Williamsberg, Va

Now what am I looking for in my next domestic abode?

  • Small town feel
  • Culture is some supply, but constant stuff not necessary
  • Hot most of the year
  • In Texas always preferable
  • Lots of YSM nearby ;)
  • Librarian job available
  • Something historical nearby
  • Decent price for houses

Thats all I can think of for now. This leaves San Antonio as the town I'll probably move to if I can find a job. Now after I get back, I want to buy a Mini Cooper Convertible and put a down payment down on a house. I suppose this means that on my return to the US I'll become a real adult with responsibities and stuff. Now this does necessitate my finding a job that pays more than $40,000 a year. I'll probably look for some position in the academic librarianship field. There are several colleges and universities in San Antonio and there's also the public schools. Anyway, also, after I return I don't want to gom straight to work. I want to take a road trip. Hmmm, I may want to negotiate with my school to stay an additional 3 or 4 months if I really like it so I can return in May or June and really enjoy my new car and there'll probably be more jobs available in the universities at this time as they hire for the following school year. Hmm. As I said, I love the plan even if none of my planning comes to any fruition.

No comments: