Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Teeth and Hair

I went to the dentist this morning and thery examined my teeth and found that 8 needed filling. None hurt, but I believe them when they tell me this because dentists don't lie. :) Okay, maybe I believe it because before the age of 18, my dental higiene was poor at best and I reckon I should make sure even the beginnings of my teeth problems should be taken care of when I get the chance. So for 10 fillings, a deep cleaning since its been years, and a veneer, I paid $850. I suppose I'm getting a lot for my money and I do feel reasonably comfortable at the place.

So after the teeth inspection, I went to the mall since I had 2 hours to kill before work and a desire to get a smoothie and get a hair cut. I went to Mia and Maxx and a rather pleasant young woman of 20 worked on my hair. I wan't sure what I wanted since this was kinda last minute. I just spent over $800 dollars and felt the need to spend some more. So no pic or prep. At the shampoo stage, I realized I wanted a bob so that's what I told her to cut for me. I ended up with a pob. For those unaware, a pob is the posh bob. Of course it will never look like this on me.

I have a lot of hair for this look, so it will never lie as flat on my head. Anyway, I woulod never have asked for the Posh anything, but I actually like the cut and hope no one else will be aware of its pob origins. I had it done before work, so haven't had a chance to take a pic yet, so I'll update my avatar to show it off in a couple of days.

More on the looks front (let's just be shallow today), my skin has felt really dry lately. I blame my new cleanser Garnier Fructis Detoxifying Gel Cleanser. At first, it just made my pores smaller. In doing that it made my skin look older. It's kinda hard to descibe, but the lines beneath my eyes becamer seriously deep, like weirdly deep and they extended much further then before, beyond the end of my eyes. Weird. Well, last night I used extra virgin olive oil to remove my makeup and then put still more on to further hydrate the skin. I also used the skin brightening facial moisturiser beneath my eyes that is very rich and my skin looks much better today. I suppose the cleanser is just too much combined with winter dryness. I may try it again in the summer whilst in Korea or just more more cleansing maybe once a week.

Oh and the chick at Mia and Maxx showed me a new way to make my hair straighter with a paddle brush vs. the round brush. I think I liked it better. My hair is pretty straight and non-frizzed at the moment. Wish it well.

No comments: