Saturday, January 5, 2008

So I've been on a bit of a break and have made some changes...

Well, the first and most obvious change is my hair. It was red...

Photobucket

and is now more of a reddish blonde.

Photobucket

I am slowly taking it back to the original blonde color.

Photobucket

On Christmas, it just hit me that while I enjoyed being a redhead, I was ready to take it back. Now this can't be done overnight since my original hair color is blonde and its was darl red. Yeah, but my first thing was to try that Loreal Color Ooops and get myself some wonderfully fried orange hair. Awesome. :) I went to the salon and spent 5 hours there and $200 the day after Christmas to fix the orange. They did a pretty good job by putting in highlights and lowlights. That was a lot of time to spend in a chair though. I nodded off at one point. It kinda reminded me of math class in high school in terms of boredom. It been more than a week now, and it kinda become a bit more orangy then it was. Maybe I should pick up something at Sallys that deals with brassiness.

Okay, in other news I got a B and an A for my last semester and my field experience waiver has been accepted so I get to sign up for Capstone the first week or two of February.

I sewed another shirt: I'm not in a mood to review it or look for the envelope for the number, so it'll have to wait. But here's a pic.

Photobucket

So I've also decided to move to Korea.

Yes, I could elucidate. After Capstone, I will have my Master in Library and Information Science and this makes me antsy. I guess whenever I approach a major change in my life, I want to run away. When I finished the basics in my Undergrad, I moved to Garmisch for a year and worked at AFRC as a housekeeper (that's Armed Forces Recreation Centers in Europe for thosee who don't know). So when I got my BA, I moved to small town Wyoming for a year with Americorps VISTA. So to keep my life consistent, I have to do something special to celebrate my completion of my Masters degree. So I'm going to Korea to teach ESL for a year. Right now I'm looking at Seoul primarily because I've never lived in a big city before and would like to try it and because it's the only city in Korea with an English speaking ward other than the military ward in Busan. Busan is another big city, so if I'm going to live in a big city, it may as well be the biggest one.

Oh, and I reckon I will bring Luna with me. I've heard some horrible thing that people have 'heard' about happening, but have also corresponded with 5 people who have had pets in Korea with no problems and have haunted a couple of discussion forums that have both positive and negative stories in them. I would hate to leave her behind, although I worry about leaving her at home alone for 10 hours a day during the week. This happened before when we lived in an apartment, but then we had a nearby dog park and in Seoul there is no dog parks. But Luna shoudl be fine if I take her on walks. More aout this later I suppose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anaboloina - thank you for your lovely comments on my Simplicity jacket :) What an exciting move to Korea - I think it's terribly brave. You definitely have to take your sewing machine and keep blogging about all the new things you do/see/sew.

Anabolina said...

I'm thinking about bringing the machine, but it is sort of heavy. I may be able to find one in Korea for not too much money. In any case, I will bring my patterns. :) I also love your jacket so much :)