Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another Day of Makeup and Suchlike :)

Sorry for not updating much recently. I just started a new blog at 3 fat chicks for my fat loss endevours and have become distracted. I went to Walmart today to return some makeup and pick up some clothes I'd ordered online and had sent to the store and to pick up the scale and look at the travel toiletries. Wow, I did do a lot. I picked up a peach colored sweater for $4.00

White Stag - Women's V-Neck Cable-Front Sweater

a black tunic style shirt with sleeves I love, but a length that seems a little long, even for a tunic for $6.

z.b.d. design - Women's Jewel Square-Neck Tunic

and a George a-line skirt(navy blue) for $16 full price, looks good but I haven't had a chance to try it on yet.

George ME - Women's A-Line Skirt

They were some nice purchases, but I reckon I'll take the black tunic shirt back since I don't really like it.

So before leaving for Korea, I'm trying to decide what I really need. I've been trying a lot of makeup lately to find the HG items that I'll buy more of and bring with me. Well EDM is still pretty HG for me. Good coverage and lasts an okay amount of time. I would like a MMU that lasts longer though, so have ordered some samples from Dreamworld Mineral Makeup. I love the theme of the site. It's all magic and goddesses and mystery. I'll post my results for the products as soon as they come in.

I also returned the Sonia Kashuk tinted moisturizer #1 because it was way to yellow and looked it on the skin. I guess CG tinted mouisturizer is the best. I've also tried and returned the liquid mineral makeup from Maybelline, but that was only because I didn't pick the right color. It went on really smooth though, so I may give it a second chance. The only problem is that you really cannot tell what color it is through the plastic, but its also lightweight and hygenic(the bottle).

Also I tried Max Factor foundations in whipped cream and pan cake. I like the consistency of pan cake, but couldn't get a good color in either, both were way too yellow. Anyway, so both went back.

What have I tried recently and liked? The Sonia Kashuk Face Palette will become a regular staple for me in Korea I think. It's perfect for traveling because it have nice inoffensive colors and concealers and a mirror. I really like the brow pencil too. Although her brow pencil just can't beat the one from Revlon Brow Fantasy. I so have to buy more of that before I go because its the least red of the blonde eyebrow pencils. Why do they think blonde want red brows? I suppose they reckon that most blondes have some colors in their brows. More fool them for that thought.

I did my newly bobbed hair as curly today and this was probably not the best day to do it since the wind was mondo destructive. I was fighting against it all the way in to work this morning. It was so bad that I was carrying a bag of tortillas and the tortillas fell out of the bag and I didn't even notice til I was inside and I didn't bother looking since I was already late for work.

So, I should be sewing a lot soon and will post the stuff I sew. At least, the successful stuff I sew. There are 12 items currently in the TBS pile. Incidentally, I also bought some stickers to put on stuff for my garage sale in a couple of weeks.

No comments: