Monday, July 30, 2007

We just got a new book in on travel...

Well, I've been getting frustrated with saving money lately for my trip and I just haven't been worrying too much about it. Today, we got in a Rough Guide to Europe, 2007 so its pretty current, so I can become less frustrated.

I'm really tempted to start in January. That's a low season. I should have about $10,000 saved by then, hopefully. This won;t get me far for an RTW, but I begin to wonder if I could still work it. I've three credit cards and my debt is below $2,000 and I can charge up to $7,000. I will pay down my debt before leaving and just using the credit card for flights and trains and buses and some accomadation. Hmm, there's also bunac. If I catch a cheap flight to London in January, then I can work in London for a few months and do the whole see London thing. Or maybe it would be better to fly into London and do the tourist, then travel for several months and come back to London and work for several months starting in May. Then leave for points more easterly. Anyway, this bears thinking over. Any suggestions?

No comments: