Saturday, July 28, 2007

So yesterday, I took my Mom out to Town East to celebrate her birthday. We stopped at Jo Ann’s and bought some patterns and material. Don’t ya’ll love that clearance rack, and its even better during the half off the clearance rack sales Jo Ann does once in awhile. I’ll admit I really wanted Simplicity 3673. I even called Ann to look the number up on her computer since it wasn’t in the early Autumn book. Sigh. I suppose I should simply wait until the Autumn book comes out. It’s just such a cute pattern. Anyway, after pattern and fabric shopping wherein I picked up a beautiful paisley with a blue background in a silky polyester fabric that’s gonna be a great maxi dress with flutter sleeves since I’m trying for some modesty here.

After shopping we ate lunch at On the Border and while busy, the beef fajita salad was so good. I was just so hungry I couldn’t resist the hot chips and salsa. Slaps hand. Must not eat chips to be low carb. You know this low carb thing works great until I don’t plan well and get seriously hungry to the point I’ll just eat anything and do. Like last night I ate some of the delicious store bought red velvet cake for my parents birthdays. It was GOOD, but unnecessary, I’m trying to stay true to the diet today.

Anyone else hear about the vintage sewing contest at patternreview.com?

http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/sewingclasses/board.pl?t=23896

I think it sounds like fun, 2 months to actually complete projects. Of course, one of those months is actually during school so pretty much worthless since I can’t seem to sew and do homework at the same time. But that does give me at least a month to work on it. Hmmm, I’m just waiting for inspiration right now in the three days before it starts.

No comments: