Thursday, July 31, 2008

How to make our own tinted moisturizer

I love my mineral makeup, but lately, it's been looking pretty bad on my skin by the end of the day. I need something that wears better, even if it disappears my the middle of the day. I really like TMs, especially the Cover Girl Smoothers one, and wore one today and was much happier at the end of the day with the look of my skin. I do like less coverage too, so I was reading a review on makeupalley and the reviewer mentioned that she maded her own tm. I found the ehow and wikihow articles on how to make them and it really worked.

Ingredients
Olay Complete SPF 30 moisturizer
Everyday Minerals Original Glo in Ivory.

Obviously more mmu in relation to lotion will give you a heavier finish. i used 2 squirts of Olay and used 2 shakes of the mmu and mixed it in my hand until blended and smoothed onto my face and am really impressed with the finish and level of coverage. It's my skin, but a little more even. I still need a undereye concealer and a little facial concealer on a couple of areas and its a bit shiny, so I'll cover it with either EDM Silk Dust or EDM Natural Reflection Fair. Yep, I am impressed and I just used makeup I had sitting around. I think mixing it with a moisturizer does give me a better finish than applying it dry since the powder can sometimes highlight my lines and make my pores look more noticable.

No comments: