Friday, July 18, 2008

Makeup today and the first wearable muslin


I realized today that I like to think about makeup and what I'm wearing and I like to compare my coloring to that of others and find out what colors work for other that might work for me. So anyway, today I washed my face with Garnier Fructis Detoxifying gel cleanser and used 10% BP and Eucerin Calming SPF 15 face lotion. I used Oil of Olay Age Effect Eye cream too. This is my typical day routine and its been keeping me pretty acne free since I stopped the Tazorac for reasons I will NOT get into. Oh, and I used the Monistat Chaffing Lotion as a primer. It really does make the makeup last longer and go on smoother.

Concealer: Loreal Age Perfect yellow concealer and over it Revlon Age Defying Cream Concealer in light and over that is the now discontinued Vital Radiance Age Spot concealer in medium. I find that without the Age Spot concealer, I get a weird raccoon eye effect and with it, it just looks a little yellow.

Foundation: Mineral Basics in Light-Medium. This is a pretty awesome color choice for me and it doesn't sink into the pores or lines until late in the day, but the product is a bit expensive... Over this is the Finishing dust from Mineral Basics.

Mascara: Loreal Featherlash in True Brown. This is a nice natural looking mascara, it can clump a bit, but doesn't smear by the end of the day like NYC Lengthening does (although that one looks awesome and natural at first).

Eyes: I used a cougar brown WetnWild eye pencil on my brows. I used Jane gel eyeliner in brown and for eyeshadows I used Rimmel eyeshadow in Delicate Rose and ELF gold eye shadow and Meow Cosmetics Marroon loose eyeshadow.

Blush: I used the Everyday Minerals Natural blush and NYC Mosaic Blush in Pink Glow.

So here's the Muslin of Vogue 2354



and here's a closeup...


I don't think I'll do this one for the graduation dress, I like it, but it highlights the hips a bit too much, lol.

1 comment:

Clare said...

just clicked on your blog link from your pattern review! I like your denim dress! Your Korea blog brought back memories for me as I taught in a Hogwan in Busan from July 1999 to December 2000! It seems so long ago now! Happy sewing!