Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Does J K Rowling Kinda Suck?

I've been a fan of the Harry Potter series since the fourth book came out and I've enjoyed the speculation, fandom, and excitement related to the stories. I'm afraid J K may not be worthy of diefication. It seems a bit suspicious that her announcement of the Beedle the Bard Tales comes a few days before the anticipated release of another young adult author, Stephanie Meyers. Hmmm, I'm not saying this is a plan she endorsed. It could have been on the instigation of her publoishers who are, after all, responsible for publicizing her works. I'm just disapointed in J K that this did happen. She's eminently popular now, she doesn't need to steal away any of Stephanie Meyers' thunder. :shakes head: Yeah, I feel a bit disillusioned and reckon I'll avoid any future works by Ms. Rowling, including the new Harry Potter movies, because I think a disaffection for the author will make it very difficult to enjoy the movie. At least Star Trek is coming out next year so there's at least one midnight showing I'll enjoy in the next year. Maybe I'll go see Twilight as a midnight showing, but I've no idea if there will be any for it. You know, I do have a half-finished HP fanfic on fanfiction.net and I'm seriously lacking the motivation to finish it. Bummer.

No comments: